The iPhone X is one of the most exciting smartphones announced in 2017. It comes with a number of fascinating features such as the face ID as a way of unlocking the phone.
To get started with our short breakdown of the iPhone X here at the tech specs.
Technical Specifications of iPhone X
New iPhone X entails the following specifications that make it powerful and capable of more advanced performance:
- Has 12 MP wide-angle,
- Telephoto camera
- Allows for both optical zoom and digital zoom up to 10x.
- Dual optical image stabilization
- Capable of autofocus and has focus pixels
- Uses wide color capture for both ordinary and live photos.
- Noise reduction capability
- Portrait lighting
- Panorama of up to 63 MP
- Backside illumination sensor
- Slow sync quad-LED true tone flashing.
- Sapphire crystal lens cover.
Convenient Size and Weight
- iPhone X height is 5.65 inches or 143. 6 mm
- 2.79 inches wide (70.9 mm).
- Depth is 0.30 inches (7.7 mm)
- It weighs 6.14 ounces or 174 grams.
- It features high capacity which make its storage and capacity awesomely great i.e. 16GB, 256 GB.
The Super retina HD display makes its display lively and more realistic, featuring the following specifications:
- All-screen OLED Multi-touch screen display measuring 5.8 inch diagonally
- HDR display
- Pixel resolution is 2436 by 1125 1t 458 ppi
- The contrast ratio is 1,000,000
- Wide color display (P3).
- True Tone Display
- 3D touch
- Oleophobic coating is fingerprint resistant.
- Simultaneous support for multi-language and characters
- 625 cd/m2 max brightness
iPhone X is capable of recording excellent video quality as a result of the following advanced video recording capabilities and specifications.
- 4K video recording capability at 24 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps
- 720p HD Video recording at 30 fps
- 1080p video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps
- Optical zoom, 6x digital zoom.
- Slo-mo video support for 1080p at 240 fps or 120 fps.
- Cinematic Video stabilization (720 p and 1080p).
- Body and face detection
- Playback zoom
- Noise reduction
- Continuous autofocus video
- Capable of taking 8MP still photo while recording 4K videos
- Records H.264 and HEVC video formats
- Video geotagging.
- Assisted GLONAS, GPS,QZSS, Galileo.
- Digital Compass
iPhone X features a powerful and quick-charging battery which lasts for 2 hours
- Talk-time battery life is up to 21 hours
- Internet use-13 hours
- Wireless video playback- up to 13 hours
- Wireless audio playback- 60 hours.
- Capable of fast charging- up to 50 % charge 30 minutes
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion powerful battery
- Capable of wireless charging (also works with Qi charge).
- Charging via USB to power adapter or computer system.
Pros of iPhone X
Great design is convenient for use
Capable of fast charging
Longer battery life compared to iPhone 7.
Powerful camera and video capabilities.
Wide range of connectivity options
Cons of iPhone X
- iPhone X is undoubtedly an expensive model, not affordable by everyone
- It might take time for customers to learn the new face ID before you can comfortably use it.
- Not made of latest glass design as compared to iPhone 8 and iPhone plus.
In summary, all the above features make new iPhone X plus is a decent step up in performance and capacity. But the model is expensive. It comes in at over $1,000 USD and other phones on the market can deliver similar features for a much smaller price point. It will be interesting to see how the market responds to this iPhone given it is the most expensive one yet.